Glenn Harrison is a retired high school and community college math teacher who lives in Albany and is interested in history. He is a member of many historical groups and very involved in several organizations including serving as president and newsletter editor of the Linn County Historical Society, president and newsletter editor of the Boston Mill Society, chair of the Linn County Historical Museum Advisory Commission, vice-chair of the Linn County Historical Resources Commission, 2011 chair of the Oregon Historic Trails Advisory Council, and is a former president of the Oregon-California Trails Association and earlier of its Northwest Chapter.
Santiam Wagon Road
The Santiam Wagon Road was a vital commercial link connecting the Willamette Valley with central Oregon. Built between 1861 and 1868, the road, which closely followed traditional Indian trails, was in use into the late 1930s and made possible the settlement of central Oregon. In 1846, the opening of the …